Academic Learn Package
CATIA is increasingly chosen as the primary 3D design system for many companies, the worldwide demand for CATIA designers is difficult to meet. When you learn to use CATIA you also learn to work with leading-edge technology and play an important role in innovation. You get to put your imagination to work at full-speed because with CATIA there are no boundaries. Once you know how to use CATIA, you are equipped with the most versatile design tool that’s applied in a multitude of industries. You will know how to design from scratch or reuse the working knowledge available from previous designs.Position yourself for the employment you want.
There is no major difference between CATIA V5 Student Edition and its corresponding commercial license. From a capacity point of view, they are identical but produced parts and products are watermarked, so they cannot be used with a commercial license.
* 3 Axis Surface Machining 2 (SMG)-- Easily defines 3 -axis milling and drilling operations.
* Part Design (PDG)–Helps to design complex parts with highly productive and robust modeling features in an intuitive environment.
* Assembly Design 2 (ASD) -- Easily defines mechanical assembly constraints automatically positions parts and checks assembly consistency.
* Generative Drafting 2 (GDR)--Generates drawings from 3D parts and assembly designs with assistance to manage complex schema.
* Interactive Drafting 1 (ID1) --Addresses 2D design drawing production requirement Functional Molded Part (FMP) –Is a new generation product for designing cast, molded and forged parts and related tooling with unmatched productivity and flexibility.
* Structure Design 1 (SR1) –Helps to rapidly design structures using catalogues of standard or custom sections. SR1 enables to simply and quickly creates
linear, curved structures, and plates, using standard or user- defined sections. Taking advantage of an optimized user interface, the user can easily create and modify structures thanks to fully associative design in context capability.
* Sheetmetal Design (SMD)–Helps to design sheet metal parts in a very intuitive and productive environment.
* Real Time Rendering 2 (RTR) --Enables designers to interactively create realistic and dynamic renderings and animations in real - time, by extensively using all the hard ware features available.
* Generative Shape Design (GSD) -- Helps to design advanced shapes that are based on a combination of wireframe and extensive multiple surfaces. It includes high -level features with full specification capture and reuse.
* Imagine and Shape (IMA) --Enables designers and engineers to quickly, intuitively, transform a shape idea into a 3D geometric model. Probably one of students' favorite applications!
* DMU Kinematics Simulator (KIN) -- Defines, simulates, and analyzes mechanisms for digital mock-ups of all sizes
* Photo Studio (PHS) --Generates high quality photo- realistic images and movies of a digital mock- up, by using a powerful ray-tracing engine
* Photo Studio Optimizer (PHO) --Is an essential complement to Photo Studio for users who want to create images and movies that will match reality. PSO extends PHS's rendering capabilities with such advanced technologies as global illumination and caustics
* Freestyle Sketch Tracer (FSK) --Allows the integration of stylists' work (such as 2D painting) into a 3D format, as the basis for 3D virtual mock-ups
* DMU Space Analysis 2 (SPA), Plant Layout 1 (PLO), Generative Part Structural Analysis 2 (GPS), NC Manufacturing Review 2 (NCG), Prismatic Machining 2 (PMG), Lathe Machining 2 (LMG), STL Rapid Prototyping (TL1), Object Manager 2 (COM), Instant Collaborative Design 1 (CD1), IGES Interface 1 (IG1).