Engineers have to develop innovative products in the shortest development time possible. Lightweight design, safety, comfort, performance, efficiency, and durability are some of the manifold requirements that are considered. The Tosca optimization suite provides dedicated fast and powerful structural and flow optimization solutions based on finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations.
Structure Optimization delivers powerful optimization solutions for the design of lightweight, stiff, and durable parts and assemblies within shorter development cycles to maximize performance, minimize material and weight, and discover new design possibilities. Tosca Structure offers functionalities for topology, shape, bead, and sizing optimization.
Fluid Optimization enables topology optimization-driven design concepts for fluid flow systems and components. Use its capabilities to create innovative design ideas automatically for a defined flow task and available package space. Fluid Optimization’s unique technology helps you achieve the highest flow performance, quality, and eco-efficiency.
- The automatic generation of optimized design proposals will reduce the number of product development cycles and the number of physical prototypes
- Starting with the definition of the maximum allowed design space, Tosca Optimization helps you to find the design that fits the design space and considers all product requirements
- Design improvements in a shorter development time
- Accelerate conceptual design, reduce time-to-market
- Support ready-to-manufacture product design
- Save weight and ensure the highest result quality for reliable components
- Avoid error-prone and time-consuming model simplification
- Benefit of realistic simulation and handle nonlinearities directly within the optimization
- Define structural optimization tasks interactively
- Allows the user to create fluid flow devices with reduced pressure drop and improve flow uniformity
Default Result Output Format
- Changed from ASCII to Binary for better performance
- With the new default, Tosca Structure directly writes its output into the internal database instead of ASCII files
- For REPORT and SMOOTH, the new command item DATABASE is introduced
- Increases performance for large-scale models
Plane Symmetry for Bead Sensitivity-Based Optimization
- Enables symmetry conditions for symmetric and unsymmetric meshed geometries
- Can now define symmetry conditions for unsymmetric meshes